Saturday, February 20, 2010

Robbolito 0.09 vs Rybka 3 Dynamic in rapid match (30 minutes time control)

There are reasons to believe that Rybka 3 is probably better than Robbolito 0.09 under the following conditions:
  1. 30 minutes time control
  2. Ponder off
  3. No tablebases
  4. No opening book.
The following is my latest result based on the above conditions:

Rybka 3 vs Robbo 009  2010

1    Rybka 3 Dynamic 1-cpu 32-bit         ½½½½½½½1½1    6.0/10
2    RobboLito 0.09 w32                        ½½½½½½½0½0    4.0/10

Obviously more tests are needed for a more objective evaluation but I observed that Robbo was under pressure (defending) in almost all games including when Rybka was black.  Without book knowledge, Robbo treated the opening in a very unusual way. Although I am not a strong player but I knew no super grandmaster would ever employed the following line as black in any strong tournament. This is Robbo's main weapon against e4 and lost twice to Rybka 3. (I will force the two engines play the Sicilian Najdorf in my next test).



No comments:

Post a Comment